Monday, July 21, 2014

"Glenda" a.k.a. "Rammasun" part II

I suppose I spoke too soon, saying that the pocket WIFI of my sister's was quite stable, because the connection became very erratic from 10pm onwards (July 18 - Friday). Whew!

So I didn't have a choice but to cancel my classes from 10 to 12. It was a good thing that my students at those times were very open-minded and understood the situation.

Saturday: July 19, 1:00 - 2:00 am

Still couldn't sleep despite the exhaustion, but somehow managed to get some shut-eye drifting from shallow to deep sleep and awake again. I woke up around 8 or 9am feeling somehow refreshed after a week of insomnia. I felt that it wasn't still enough of course.

My wife sent a text message saying that the electricity has been restored, so I woke up, had breakfast with my nephew and was out the door in a few minutes. (So thankful for my sister's "motherly" touch - she is really my mom's daughter, because she took care of me the way our mother usually did - whom I sorely miss - still in Canada)

It was also a good opportunity to visit the house that I grew up in (same age as I- 38yrs) and get to fool around with my nephew, never-ending stories with my big sis and a lot of laughs!

I arrived home and saw my wife doing the laundry, so I lent a helping hand and swept/mopped the floor of the house while waiting for the washing machine to end its "wash" cycle.

 Checked the internet connection and sent an inquiry regarding the integrity of the physical lines (cables) and the company sent a text message promptly the next day.

So far, so good! Then I heard another news of another typhoon headed our way - ohhh boy!! fingers crossed again

No comments:

Post a Comment